Starting in Fall 2019, students will have to meet two new requirements before graduation:
- A distribution requirement: One departmental course in each of the three divisions at FAS: (1) arts and humanities, (2) social sciences, and (3) science and engineering and applied science.
- Quantitative reasoning with data (QRD) requirement: One course that familiarizes students with the basic tools of data analysis.
The vast majority of Government Department courses meet the divisional distribution requirement in the social sciences. To confirm that a particular class will count for that requirement, look at the "divisional tag" under the course description in my.harvard.edu.
The following Government courses meet the QRD requirement:
- Gov 50: Introduction to Political Science Research Methods
- Gov 61: Research Practice in Quantitative Methods
- Gov 1000: Quantitative Methods for Political Science I
- Gov 1005: Data
- Gov 1006: Models
- Gov 1010: Survey Research Methods
- Gov 1360: American Public Opinion
- Gov 2000: Introduction to Quantitative Methods I