In Spring 2020, the Government Sophomore Tutorial will take an innovative approach to introducing sophomores to research in political science. This new pilot project gives students choice in their topic of interest while building on a common curriculum of learning how to research and write a research paper.
Students will be able to choose a seminar on one of the following topics:
- The Politics of Organized Crime
- Political Psychology
- Comparative Authoritarianism
- Historical Injustice in Political Theory
- Religion in American Politics
- Technology and Disruption in International Relations
- Politics in Southeast Asia
- American Judicial Politics
- The Politics of Im/migration
- How the West Shaped the World
In December, we will conduct a lottery and ask sophomores to rank their preferences among these topics. Afterwards, we will ask each sophomore to register for EITHER the time slot on Wednesday 12:45- 2:45 pm OR Thursday 12:45-2:45 pm. In addition, we will hold writing workshops and sessions on learning research methods throughout the semester.