In Spring 2021, the Government Sophomore Tutorial will take an innovative approach to introducing sophomores to research in political science. Students will choose their topic of interest while building on a common curriculum of learning how to research and write a research paper.
The topics for Gov 97 in Spring 2021 are as follows:
- Political Representation in Theory and Practice
- The Causes and Consequences of Rising Partisan Segregation in the United States
- The Politics of Organized Crime
- Comparative Authoritarianism: A Dissection of Dictators’ Playbook
- Religion and Democracy - The American Case
- The Making of the Leviathan: Hobbes and Modern Political Foundations
- Constitutional Guardianship in the American System
- Social Influences on Political Behavior
- Technology and Disruption in International Relations
- Southeast Asia in World Politics
- Science, Technology, and Innovation in International Security
Further information about Gov 97 can be found on the course Canvas page.