In Spring 2020, the Government Sophomore Tutorial will take an innovative approach to introducing sophomores to research in political science. This new pilot project gives students choice in their topic of interest while building on a common curriculum of learning how to research and write a research paper.
Students will be able to choose a seminar on one of the following topics:
- Technology & Disruption in International Relations
- Historical Injustice
- Political Psychology
- Religion in American Politics
- The Politics of Immigration
- The Politics of Organized Crime
- Chinese Politics
- Why does the West Shape the World
- American Judicial Politics
In December, we will conduct a lottery and ask sophomores to rank their preferences among these topics. Afterwards, we will ask each sophomore to register for EITHER the time slot on Wednesday 12:45- 2:45 pm OR Thursday 12:45-2:45 pm. In addition, we will hold writing workshops and sessions on learning research methods throughout the semester.