Who is my adviser in the department?

Every House has a designated Concentration Adviser (CA) who acts as the departmental adviser for Government concentrators in that House. In most cases, your CA will be the Government Resident Tutor in your House.  We make an effort to ensure that your CA stays in your House as long as possible, in the hope that you will have the same CA during your entire time at Harvard.  

Although your assigned CA is your “official” adviser, any CA will be happy to help you, and CAs are especially interested in talking with first-years about the concentration.

During the second semester of your sophomore year, you will be advised primarily by your Sophomore Tutorial (Gov 97) Teaching Fellow. Your CA will serve as a “back-up” adviser, and will become your primary adviser for your junior and senior years.
See also: Advising